It wasnt raining today so I could get on with my boat
I started by trying to get the screws out that I used to hold the nose in place while the microfibres set
I had got resin in the screw heads, so I dug them out with dads electric screwdrivers. Its ok, as my brother had already bent them
I sawed the sides of the nose to shape, then started cutting out my slot.
This took ages. I suppose I should have done it with the jigsaw, but I wanted to get it straight. I only chewed it a little.
Done it !
This is the middle of the nose section reinforcement. the bit running across the middle is the microfibre layer I used to stick it together. Dad says I should have cut a V on the other side and back filled that with microfibres too to make it stronger.
I think it was stronger than the rest of the ply anyhow
I think my nose is turned down a little. I think I might have to fix it.
Using a couple of lorry strops to pull the bottom to shape
Fitting the first cabletie
If I pull these really hard, they break.
I didnt drill the earlier ones without my glasses on - Honest !
I am using some blocks and a strop to bend the middle to make the slot go better.
Its sort of working
Convinced dad we had done really well today, so he bought us a lovely dinner, new beanos and dandys!